Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blue Nail Polish

So I figured I would finish telling everyone about the rest of our vacation considering it’s been a couple of weeks since we’ve been.  We had some interesting things happen that we’d like to share.  I’m just going to highlight certain points or it would be a terribly long blog.
When we breezed into our final destination , we were very pleased.  We chose the Desoto Beach Hotel which boasted that it was the only hotel with beach access.  We were elated.  After being married for almost 4 years we had never vacationed at the beach.  Gatlinburg yes, Alabama? yes, but the beach no.  When we pulled in, you could immediately sense the power of the ocean.  Our room was located on the 3rd floor and as we were walking down the corridor you could see the black outline of the ocean.  Our room was absolutely charming.  We had to get a room with a double bed but each bed came with 4 HUGE pillows.  Anyone who has stayed in a hotel will realize the importance in this.  Usually hotel pillows are so uncomfortable but not this hotel.  They knew how to get a good review.  There was a giant wall cabinet that held the T.V., drawers, standing cabinet, and a desk on the end.  Inside the cabinet door were 2 MORE pillows and a blanket!  2 more pillows?  Wow!  The bathroom counter was granite and housed a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.  Now I know what you’re thinking………do they not ever get out???  But I honestly have to say this was the nicest hotel we’ve ever stayed at. J
After a much needed night’s sleep, we woke up refreshed and ready to start our adventure.  Doug’s first idea was to rent jet skis.  Of course I was up for anything so that sounded like a great idea.  After looking at some more brochures that we obtained in the lobby that morning, we came across MOGO’s scooters.  Doug thought it would be more enjoyable to just rent the scooters and cruise around the island.  Again, I was up for anything and riding a scooter definitely sounded fun.  We had a plan.
Before we cleared out, I wanted to paint my toenails.  I didn’t get to paint them before we left.  It was really chaotic trying to leave the 3 girls and make sure they were all taken care of.  I decided to bring my blue and green nail polish.  After painting every other toe blue, I reached for the nail polish to put it up.  Suddenly, the bottle started to fall and I reached out to grab it.   A dragged out “Noooooooooooo” escaped my lips and time stood still.  The bottle hit the floor leaving blue wreckage in its wake.  The ivory colored nightstand and colorful rug showed the destruction from my blue nail polish.  I was in a state of stock. “Doug!” I yelled.  “What am I going to do??”  All I could think about was the $100 deposit we had put down because we had paid in cash.  My brain was rapidly adding up the cost of replacing the nightstand and the rug.  “Hurry!  Grab a wet washcloth!”  e ordered me.  I quickly ran to the counter and grabbed a wet washcloth.  I sprinted back to the disaster zone and quickly started trying to get the blue mess cleaned up.  Do you think it worked?  You guessed it.  The washcloth was useless.  What were we going to do???
Stay tuned to find out what happened to the blue fiasco……………………

No comments:

Post a Comment