Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Chicken Lasagna

So the other night I decided to finally make the lasagna recipe that has been stuck to my refrigerator for a couple weeks.  At that time, I had the bright idea to try to make a meal plan and write down what we were going to eat each night.  Well that doesn't work in my family.  We never know what we are doing and when but hey.......I tried right?

Well I finally decided to try to be Susie Homemaker and create my first ever homemade lasagna.  It sounded pretty simple, Italian sausage, pasta sauce, no boil noodles, and mozzarella cheese. I had already gotten all the ingredients 2 weeks ago, but after figuring out that Doug had already used the sausage in his spaghetti and our mozzarella cheese had mysteriously vanished, I decided what the heck.....I was going to make it MY way.  I must say that I was VERY proud of my concoction. 
Note: the pictures taken were after we had already already dug in.  We couldn't WAIT!


My Ingredients:

1lb boneless chicken breasts
2 cups fiesta blend cheese
1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
28 oz chunky vegetable pasta sauce
9 no-boil lasagna noodles


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook thawed chicken breasts in skillet over med heat.  Add any type of seasonings at this time.  My personal favorite is seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce. Cook thoroughly.  Mix cooked chicken, 1-1/2 cups fiesta cheese and ricotta cheese in med bowl.

Place about 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in 9" square baking dish.  Top with three lasagna noodles, then with 1/3 chicken and cheese with spaghetti sauce.  Continue this pattern until you have 3 layers.  Make sure the top layer has noodles with spaghetti sauce over it.  The sauce will cook the noodles making them no boil.  Cover with foil (in my case I used the Pampered chef baking dish) and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Sprinkle with rest of cheese and return to oven.  Bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted and browned. 6 servings.


My daughter's invention.  Lasagna covered in sweet corn.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment