Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shark Steam Mop: life saver!

If you’re like me and have laminate or hardwood floors, you struggle to find time to fit mopping into your busy schedule.  Well have I got the product for you:  Shark Steam Mop.  Doug and I decided to purchase this after much consideration.  Truth be told it was only about 5 minutes.  But that doesn’t mean we hadn’t heard about it and thought that it would be really cool. 
A couple of years ago, I purchased a Hoover wet and dry mop.  It wasn’t really a mop though, it looked more like a rug doctor.  When I had visited the Ryobi store in the outlet mall, I was amazed at the functions of this machine.  There were no nasty strings to wring out, no getting your hands wet and no wet floors.  All you did was add water and a chemical cleaner and you were good to go.  You put it on WASH and you run it over your floors and then you turned it to DRY and it picked up the dirty water.  WOW………This would make me WANT to mop the floor!  I had to get it………..I decided to take the plunge and spend the $80 so I could take it home and try it out.  Let’s just say that I have used it about 5 times in the last two years.  I know what you’re thinking-jeez, does she not ever mop her floors???  Well, we won’t even go there.
This brings us back to the incredible Shark Steam Mop.  After we brought it home it sat in the kitchen for a couple of days before I decided to get it out.  I honestly was afraid that it would be too much trouble and it would be just like the Hoover.  Boy, was I wrong.  It only took about 5 minutes to put together and read the easy instructions.  The good thing was that it doesn’t use any chemicals.  All you have to do is add tap water and voila.  You have steam!  I noticed first thing how light it was.  Instead of pushing around a huge piece of machinery, this glides over the floor.  I started in the kitchen and about 20 minutes later I had finished the whole house.  Now grant it our house is tee tiny, but usually I’m breaking a sweat and quitting after the first room!  I really enjoyed mopping!  I wanted to do it again!  I loved watching the steam eat away at the dirt and grime on my nasty floor.  After mopping I inspected the pad at the bottom, which is washable and attached with Velcro, and was amazed at the dirt it collected.  It was gross but no fear, we have the Shark Steam mop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment