Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 1 of vacation

After the past couple of months that our family has had, my husband and I decided to go somewhere, just the two of us.  Sadly we were only able to go for a couple of days because of the lack of money and the fact we have 3 girls that have to stay somewhere .  At first we had decided on Hilton Head but after looking at the hotels and nearby attractions, we decided that it wasn’t the place for us.  We definitely wanted the beach so we starting looking at Tybee Island.  Neither one of us had ever been but I had always heard great things about it.  Plus, it was right next to Savannah which is one of our favorite places to go.  We decided to stay at the Desoto Beach Hotel (which was great!), found some babysitter’s, and left that Thursday.
We were so excited.  Just the thought of getting away for a couple of days was thrilling.  Not to mention we were getting to go to the beach.  I love my girls and all but sometimes you need to go alone and be able to reconnect. 
We had everything we needed for the car ride.  We had our cooler with some water and fruit and our bag of fiber bars and 100 calorie snacks.  I applauded us for actually getting healthy snacks instead of the usual candy bars, soda’s and chips.  After the uneventful but long drive through Atlanta, I offered to drive for a little bit.  Doug always wants to be the driver but I wanted to pitch in a little bit and let him rest.  For some reason I always tend to fall asleep when I’m in the car.  If I’m driving, I’m ok for a little bit, but in the passenger seat?  No way, Jose.  I’m out like a light. 
I’m driving on 16 and if you’ve ever been on that highway, it’s so boring.  The farther you get on 16 the more desolate everything becomes.  There’s hardly any where to stop and get gas or get food.  So needless to say after about an hour and a half of driving I started wriggling around in my seat.  My bladder was ready to be released……………. and I had nowhere to release it.  I’m never been one to pull over and pop and squat but it was getting to the point where I had no choice.  I looked at Doug next to me and informed him of my dilemma.  I knew if I waited too long I would be floating in my seat.  Of course Doug replies “Just pull over.”  Of course that’s easy for him to say.  It’s a lot more difficult for a girl to use the bathroom on the side of the road than a guy.  Finally I had no choice.  Thank goodness the traffic was light or I definitely would have peed in my pants.  I jerked the car over on an off ramp and jumped out.  Doug was kind enough to open the back passenger door and try to sandwich me between both doors.  I did the best I could, the whole time worrying that I was peeing all over myself and giving everyone a show as they passed and got back in the car.  I just knew someone had saw me…….Man, would that be embarrassing.  As I pulled off to continue our journey I realized I had accidentally peed on pants leg…….

No comments:

Post a Comment