Monday, March 21, 2011

Naty Bites Ella

This incident actually happened a few days ago but I’m just now getting the chance to write about it.  I was sitting at the kitchen table writing my last blog and at that point I had Ella on my knee.  She had already spent as much time as she could in her walker wandering around the house and she was ready for her mommy time.  During this time Natalie had been acting pretty well, surprisingly.  That doesn’t go without saying she had been acting perfect you see.  Every now and then we’d have to get onto her for bothering her sister or sneaking into her sister’s room to get into something she wasn’t supposed to.  When that happened she would just stay in there because she knew that if she came out with the forbidden object she would immediately get taken down.   Those moments are probably the quietest Naty ever is.
While Ella was sitting on my knee, Naty decided she would play with her sissy.  She was cooing at her, trying to make her laugh and of course Ella was complying.  She’d go at her like she was about to tickle her and grin real big.  It’s amazing what a child gets from their parents.  As I watched her do this you realize that this is what she sees us do.  Too funny……..After doing this for a few minutes she just got a little too excited.  I had my head turned looking at the computer screen and all of a sudden I heard Ella let out a blood curdling scream.  That could only mean one thing.  Naty had bitten Ella.  I immediately turn my “devil mommy” eyes on Naty and start searching Ella’s limbs.  Found it!  There on Ella’s toe were 2 HUGE teeth marks.  It was so deep I’m surprised it didn’t break the skin.  I proceeded to “discipline” Natalie and send her on her way to her daddy.  By this time he had heard the commotion and come in there to investigate.  I showed him Ella’s toe and he asked “do we need to take her to the hospital?”, concern written all over his face.  I realized he had thought that Naty had pretty much bitten off Ella’s big toe.  I then calmed down and proceeded to tell him that she hadn’t broken the skin, just made huge indention marks.  I finally calmed Ella down and decided that mommy’s computer time was up.
I gave Ella to Doug and walked outside for a breather.  I had to calm myself down from that fiasco.  As I’m walking through the door, Ella is in the floor on her belly screaming her head off and Doug is getting on to Naty.  I asked Doug what happened and he informs me that he had put Ella in the floor and as Naty was walking around in the living room she walks over to Ella and just point blank kicks her in the mouth causing her to fall over.  Oh my goodness!  Again, I direct my “devil mommy” eyes on Naty and proceed to ask her why she had done that??  She’s whimpering from her daddy’s “disciplining” and rubbing her butt.  Of course she doesn’t have an answer for me. 
Apparently she had just wanted to ……….

No comments:

Post a Comment