Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ignored........

(Not a picture of Natalie)
Lately, Naty has been enjoying silence when we're in the car.  No music, no radio, no talking, period.  It's not that she wants to talk or sing, she just wants silence.  Well, that's really hard for me.  Especially since we're on the road an average of 3 hours a day.  Thank goodness she sleeps on the way to school in the mornings so I can jam out as much and as loud as I want to.

On our way home today, she decided she wanted my lip gloss.  I tried to act like I didn't have any but after carefully studying my lips she knew I wasn't telling the truth.  After much screaming and kicking I finally gave it up.  "You shouldn't have done that," you say?  You try sitting in the car with Naty for an hour screaming, and then you come talk to me.  In order to keep my sanity, she wins.

We were about to reach therapy back home and I asked for my lip gloss back.  This was after she used half of it, not just on her lips either.  Alllllll around her lips as well.  "Pleeeeeaaaaase,"  I pleaded.  "Mommy needs to use it for just a minute."  After a couple of tries to get her attention, I started to wonder if she even had her ears on.  Sometimes Naty just likes to take them off and throw them any which way.  (See my other posts.)  I called her name, I screamed, I called her name again, nothing.  Finally, I decided to try one last thing.  I suddenly turned the music up really loud while glancing in my rearview mirror and low and behold, she glared at me and said with a straight face, "No......down."

I couln't help but grin because my child has mastered the ability to ignore her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment