Sunday, August 21, 2011

DIY: Fake Febreeze!

To tell you the truth my kids are comparable to animals, like dogs.  Just like dogs they leave their odor on everything.  And just like dogs they chew on all types of household furniture, so about 2 weeks ago, I came across a "recipe" for fake Febreeze and I finally got to try it out yesterday. I just thought I would share!!  Thanks Fake-It-Frugal!!



All it takes are 3 ingredients:
1/8 tsp of your favorite fabric softener
2 Tbsp Baking Soda
Hot Tap Water- to fill the bottle to the top

*Tip-You will probably need a funnel to put the baking soda in the bottle (unless you want it everywhere)
lol "MYBREEZE"


Now shake,shake,shake! I used this recipe with a 24 oz spray bottle that I purchased at Wal-Mart.  Depending on the brand of fabric softener you may want to add a little more.  But I would caution you, wait until the mixture has cooled down.  When it's still warm or in my case hot, you really can't tell how strong it truly is. 

You know what??  It works!!  Cheap and smells just like you like it :)  I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure I would rather spend approx $.60 to make this than buy the real Febreeze for $5-6.
Have Fun!!!!

My little helper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment