Friday, August 26, 2011

Thrift Store Finds!!

Are you ready for this?  Nah Nah Nah, Na- Na- Na Nah Nah- Nah Nah.  Just kidding!  Thursday morning while Naty was in school, I decided Ella and I would find a good thrift store to visit.  Ever since reading Yard Sale Mommy's blog I have had the thrift store/yard sale fever.  My husband's not too fond of this sickness but hey!  I like to shop!  And I think he would rather me buy something for a quarter than something for say, 10 bucks.  I punched in "Thrift Stores" in my Yelp app and found one that was approximately10 miles away.  "Twice as Nice" was the name of it I believe.  I entered the address in my navigator and headed that way.  The only bad thing is that here in these small towns if something is 10 miles away it usually takes about 10 minutes to get there.  However Atlanta is a different story.  This trip took me 45 minutes to go 10 miles.  "This better be good" I thought to myself. 

It was!  One of my favorite things to find is vintage children's books and boy did I find some.  They had the children's books in bundles and each bundle was $1.99.  I would see at least 2 in each bag that I would get excited about so I had to purchase the whole bundle.  Some of the books were duds but there were also good ones too.  There was a total of 63 books!

I also found 2 apple baskets, to be used in my fall shoot (Elizabeth Miltimore Photography), another basket to be used as a photo prop, and a pair of hugging vintage Smurfs from 1982.

This is everything but the 2 apple baskets.  Couldn't fit everything on the table!! 

The vintage Hugging Smurf Dolls 1982.  Paid $1.99


By far my favorite book out of the bunch.  Published in 1970.  In really good condition except for a rip on onw page.  Look at those pictures!  Love it!!
Who didn't love the Sweet Valley High Twins when they were younger!  So excited to realize I got 8 of these all together.  I found them in different bags.

3 Magic School bus books.  I always loved this show when I was growing up.


I had actually came across some of these last week at the yard sales so I was excited to find more.  From my understanding they came with a tape that followed the story "word for word."  Seriously, that's what the cover says lol.


3 Bernstein Bears books.  1 of them is a chapter book.  I didn't even know they had these!


These are 4 very old books. Love vintage!
In one of the packages of books I came across these records!  How cool!!



My two baskets that will be used as props for my fall shoot (can you guess how??).  In one of those baskets I found some coupons that expired in 1987.  Bonus!!



Going to the yard sales in the morning so we'll see what else I find!!

No comments:

Post a Comment