Monday, September 19, 2011

Cayli's Zebra Themed Birthday Party!!


For the past couple of years, my oldest daughter Cayli, has ran with the whole Twilight theme for her birthday parties.  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Twilight Saga and cannot wait till Breaking Dawn comes out but....there is only so much you can do year after year.  This year however she finally decided to do a Zebra theme instead of Eclipse.  Because zebra prints can be a little overwhelming, we decided to incorporate hot pink and lime green, two of Cayli's favorite colors.  I love to get my creative juices flowing, the only problem is that I procrastinate and don't take action until right before the party.



We decided to  have it at our house because we had recently had a very successful gathering there.  There was a swingset, trampoline, dirt, "treehouse" and lots of room to run and play.  At the other party we had gotten some blue lanterns from the Paper Lantern Store .com for a great price so I decided to get a couple of green and a couple of pink to decorate the tree with. (shown above)  I hung them using some zebra ribbon I had gotten on sale at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.  Woohoo!


I actually made the cupcake stand using 3 different size black plates and 2 small candlestick holders that I had discovered at a thrift store.  The idea came from one of my childhood best friends, Autumn.  She had recently done one for our friend's baby shower.

I brought out many of my clear vases that I have collected over the years from various Dollar Stores and Dollar Trees.  I use these for just about any occasion so for this I added some black and white rocks and colorful flowers to match the theme.
On most of the vases I hot glued a zebra ribbon around the middle to incorporate the zebra theme.  I made sure to only use hot glue on the ribbon so I could remove it after the party and reuse my glasses.



As you can tell the girl's, and there were many of them, had a blast and was probably one of our most successful parties.






No comments:

Post a Comment