Saturday, September 3, 2011

Natalie cut her hair :(

I figured that this post took precedence over all the other posts. 

After giving Natalie a bath, Doug got her out of the tub and proceeded to come in the living room to converse with me.  We could hear her so we new everything was ok......

Or so we thought,

Doug decided to investigate and as soon as he got in the doorway he screamed "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"  I figured she had just gotten into the neon pink nail polish that she had wanted me to paint her nails with but as Doug kept saying those words, in my heart I knew that wasn't the case.

"I don't want to see it," I said, a hint of frustration in my voice.




Curiousity overcame my determination and I got up to look for myself.  I walked in to a horrible scene.  There were pieces of hair scattered everywhere and Natalie was sitting amongst them.  I looked over at the drawer where the scissors were kept and she so kindly put a clump of hair in their place. 

As I stared at her in horror I couldn't help but find this very humorous.  I covered my mouth and turned away from her as I burst out laughing.  Her hair was still damp from the bath so we really couldn't tell how bad it was.  I could tell however that she had given herself bangs and the left side was cut up to her ear.  Of course she was grinning the whole time not knowing what she had just done to herself.  Inside I was cracking up, but at the same time I was weeping.  One of Natalie's best attributes is her curly hair and sadly 3 surgeries later she has had her moments of being half bald. Considering the surgeries were complete we could let her hair grow.

Apparently we don't decide that though.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is one of those instences where you don't know whether to laugh or cry. Went thru this with my daughter as well. I feel your pain right now, lol

    misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahha.... Rockin the mullet. Shoulda left it! Hehe
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! That is exactly what it looked like! I couldn't let her sport a miller lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shes precious! Love me some Nat!

    ReplyDelete