Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My first day

My first day of my journey actually started yesterday.  I’m honestly not sure what came over me but I’m not going to complain.  After reading a magazine, I think it was Parenting, I heard about a cool app called MyFitnessPal.  The thing that intrigued me about this app was the fact that when you logged your daily food into your “Diary” you could scan the item.  As long as it had a barcode, it would read it and list the nutritional information.  No more taking the time to type in all those numbers.
After downloading the app, I thought I would try it out.  I held up my slim fast can and boom, it popped up with the description and nutritional information and asked if I wanted to add it.  Why yes, thank you J  You are able to add your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, water, and exercise information.  The cool thing is that you can browse through the exercises and it actually lists things like cleaning, jumping rope, automotive repair, and even certain WII games and all you do is enter in the number of minutes and it tells you how many calories you burned.  Cool huh! 
1/30/12
Breakfast:
Strawberries N'Cream slim fast shake

Lunch:
Doritos spicy chips
Hot dog with ketchup and mustard

Dinner:
Strawberries N'Cream slim fast shake

Snacks:
GV Blueberry cereal bar
1 apple with 1TBSP of peanut butter
1 container of Diced Peaches in 100% fruit juice
1 pickle

Drinks:
Water
1 cup coffee
After all that, I still had 88 calories to go!  After I finished logging for the day, it actually told me what I would weigh if I kept that up for 5 weeks.  I thought that was pretty cool.
FYI:  The consuming of the slim fast shakes is probably temporary.  That is not the diet for me but sometimes if you're on the go or in my case, don't want to blow it for dinner, I will partake.  Unfortunately, I tend to do really well during the day but as soon as dinner is fixed, everything goes out the window.  I tend to binge.
So that was my first day!
Keep on keeping on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment