Saturday, August 20, 2011

Success at the yard sale!!

My sis and I decided to do a little bit of yard saleing this morning and I think we got some good deals.  My sister planned the route and we set off, with the kids might I add, at 7:30 this morning.  At our first stop, I racked up on a little plush "bowling" set,  Alphabet, Color and Natural Blocks, and 3 Polly Pocket princess outfits for $2.

Our next stop I ended up with 17 children's books, mostly vintage.  It was so neat looking through the bins and seeing so many from my childhood.  They had old Sesame Street books, Little Golden Books and much more.  I also got a Mary Higgins Clarke book, for me, and a bag of scrap fabric and pom poms, also for me.  At this location I spent a grand total of $4.

At our next yard, I managed to get a pair of jeans for my daughter for $1.

And on the final stop I just so happened to ask the lady if she had a playpen because she had a bunch of baby stuff.  She said she didn't have one with her, that it was with her sister-in-law,  so she phoned her up and after a few phone calls I got my $15 pack and play!  It even has the attachments!  I have been looking for one of these to cage in my monkey so needless to say this was my favorite find for the day!

My lovely daughter posing with our finds (pay no attention to the crap...I mean toys :) in the background

 Plush "bowling" set, Alphabet, Color and Natural Blocks, and Polly Pocket outfits.

Bag of scrap fabric and bag of pom poms.  These come in handy for the last minute craft! 

All my great books!  I had a child in a walker racing towards me when taking this photo so I really didn't get to show much detail :)

My inspiration for Yard Saleing came from Yard Sale Mommy!  If you haven't come across her website yet I HIGHLY recommend it.  She finds treasures at yard sales and then sells them on EBAY!  She has great advice and it is a joy to read her blog.  Go check her out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment