Monday, January 16, 2012

I can, I can, I can

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillipians 4:13

This is the mantra that I repeat throughout my busy days.  If I didn't, I would go insane.......seriously.

Friday was one of those days where I was having to repeat this constantly.  Ella had therapy and unfortunately my mom wasn't able to come like she normally does.  My oldest sister had surgery and she had to stay home and take care of her.  Doug was at home but only because his sciatic nerve was causing him excruciating pain and he had to call out of work.  There was only one thing to do.  Put my big girl panties on and go by myself.

The reason this is so terrifying is because I have 2 toddlers in a cramped car who are both fighting for my attention and neither one of them care about how loud they get.  They will scream till the cows come home while I'm sitting in front with my eyes bugged out trying my best not to pull over and walk into traffic.

The trip down there proved to be uneventful.  I can't say the same for Ella's therapy.  That is for a later post.  After therapy I had a couple hours to spare to I figured I would drive down to the local Krispy Kreme and get me a hot drink and a donut.  I also had another plan up my sleeve.  I was secretly hoping the drive would put Ella to sleep.

Wrong.....

After pulling up to Krispy Kreme only to find out there 'hot drink machine' was broken, I pulled off with donut holes and a raspberry filled donut.  By the time we arrived back at the school I was near exhaustion and the donuts weren't helping.  I am so used to taking naps while Naty's in school that my body doesn't react well when it doesn't get that extra sleep.  Finally 30 minutes before I had to pick up Naty, Ella dozed off in my arms.  At least I got 30 minutes...... I guess. 

The ride home was just what I figured it would be.  Lots of prayers and me repeating "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me,"



No comments:

Post a Comment