Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wouldn't you know.....

Wow....All I can say is that it feels pretty good to be blogging again.  Life sometimes proves to be a little much and certain things get put on the back burner...like this blog.  But hopefully as long as I have adventures with my family and have my loyal handful of followers, I can keep it going this time. 

There's sooo much to catch everyone up on but from reading certain articles it gets booorrriing if your blog is too long, so I'll try to keep it short and interesting.  I had decided to start blogging last night even though nothing of extreme importance came to mind........that is until we discovered Naty's implants missing.

After Cayli's basketball game last night  (GO CHARGERS!)  Doug, myself, and Natalie had to make a quick run to Walmart.  Did anyone happen to notice the humor in that last statement??  In our case quick run=1 hour.  As we finally reached home, Naty and I ran over to my mom's to get Ella.  My oldest sister, Wanda, is down from Ellijay and is staying with my parents for a little while.  While Naty and Ella played, we conversed.  I started noticing Naty's lack of response every time Wanda tried to talk to her, so I did a quick head check and discovered her ears were not on her head.  At the time, this didn't worry me too much because when Naty gets tired she tends to take them off in preparation for bed.  I dismissed it and continued on with our conversation.  After another 15 minutes, I did a quick once over throughout my mom and dad's and came up empty handed.  "They must be in Doug's car," I said.  After trying to call Doug, I decided to go ahead and come home and I would just send Doug out to check the car.

When I walked in the door, I notified Doug of the missing implants. He headed outside armed with a flashlight to check the contents of his car.  Nothing.

He did a quick survey of the yard.  Again, nothing.

Everywhere we looked we came up empty handed.  Of couse by this time we're starting to get sick to our stomach because the only possible outcomes, are not good.  Either she left them at Wal-Mart, in the parking lot of a plant we had to pull over at (to get her donuts out of the trunk), or they had been dropped in the yard and the dog had taken off with them.  None of these were good possibilities.

After calling Wal-Mart to see if anyone had turned them in and realizing that they had NO clue what we were talking about OR the importance of them, we had no option but to backtrack.  Doug headed to the empty parking lot with the hopes that he wouldn't have to go to Wal-Mart.

No such luck......Doug returned home from both locations, empty handed. 

I laid down on the couch with the girls because by this time it was almost 11 and they were exhausted.....as was mommy.  Because my parent's lights were still on, Doug went over one last time to check.  After checking the back porch where Lucky takes all her treasures, they entered into the kitchen.  My mom said, "I don't remember her coming back here towards the trash can..........."  As my mom's voice tapered off, they peered into the can.  Between 2 napkins and stuck to a soup can were 2 perfectly good implants.

You have to look at this experience in a positive light.  The fact that she had tried to help us find them with the knowledge that she had thrown them away, confirms the fact that my child. is. brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment