Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DIY: Kitchen Canisters

I have been wanting to do this craft for a long time and on the day of the Pampered Chef party and 1 energy shot later, I decided to try it out.  Now it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.  I really need to stock up on scrap fabric but at the moment this was what I had and I think they turned out pretty well!
I started off with one of my infant formula cans and filled it with sugar.  I went ahead and filled it up so I could have the weight to better handle the container.
I then found a cute font on the computer and printed out my description on white cardstock.  I used the top of a ribbon spool to trace a circle around the description and cut it out.

To add more 'oomph' I stamped a flower and added a cute little rhinestone.  I just so happened to have these items in my craft box but you can do something as simple as using crayons to decorate the card.

I took a piece of decorative ribbon and wrapped it around the middle of the can adhering it with hot glue.  I then took the label and adhered it to the ribbon.  Cute huh?
I then used the same sheet of cardstock to trace out the lid of the can.  I used hot glue around the edges of the lid and adhered the cardstock. This is the part where I wished I had some scrap fabric.  The cardstock is ok but fabric would have given it a better look.
To finish off the can I also wrapped a piece of ribbon around the top and bottom of the can.
I made another one for suckers and little candies using different ribbon and a different stamp.  You can customize these however you want, that is the beauty of this craft. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment