Thursday, May 26, 2011

Witnessing a Miracle

After balancing my checkbook this morning, I started to wonder how we were going to afford food to put in the refrigerator.  It’s one of those moments where you honestly do not know how you’re going to make it.  As soon as I start having those thoughts though, a little voice inside of me whispers “everything’s going to be ok.”  You see, that voice is God, and every time I start to wonder what tomorrow will bring, he always places his arms around me and envelopes me with His love.  Only he knows what’s to come.  The only thing he asks of us is that we live for him and bring people to Christ.
Upon arriving at the speech school, I rushed Natalie upstairs to class while Doug sat in the car with Ella.  Today Natalie was by herself so when we arrived in the classroom is was just us and her teachers.  Mrs. Melissa, Naty’s teacher, handed me a couple of letters as I started to leave.  She said that one was from the nurse and one was an anonymous letter that Shelley, the program coordinator, had given her to deliver to me.  As I was walking downstairs, curiosity overcame me and I proceeded to open the letter that was entitled “The Miltimore’s.”  Inside was a card that said “Thinking of You” on the cover.  As I opened the letter, I was shocked to see an undisclosed amount of cash.  As tears started to form in my eyes, I quickly hurried out the door and walked to the car.  My mind was racing as I tried to figure out who “anonymous” was. 
When I sat down in the car it took me a minute to figure out how to tell Doug.  I finally found the words and opened up the anonymous letter.  As soon as he saw what it held he burst into tears.  These were tears of joy, tears of relief, and at the same time tears that we didn’t deserve this.  We thank God every day for where we are in life.  Sometimes, most of the time, life is hard for us.  With Doug being unemployed at the moment, and me being a stay at home mom, we wonder every day what’s to come.  What does God have in store for us?
The love and sacrifice that this one person showed us was somewhat incomprehensible.  I won’t disclose the amount but let’s just say that it’s definitely not something that I could easily fork over.   We realized there are still people out there like that.  You often wonder in the times we’re living in if there are still compassionate people in this world.  This is proof that there are. 
People always wonder why we drive an hour, hour and a half, to take the girls to school every day.  This is why.  This is where God has led us to be.  If we have to sacrifice a few years of our life in order for our girls to have the best opportunity available, then bring it on.  A few years is nothing compared to the impact our girls, all 3 of them, will have in this world.

1 comment:

  1. If anybody in the world deserve that money, it is you two.

    Sometimes you just have to ask the universe for a little help and it will come.

    I swear I do believe that.

    ReplyDelete