Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day Crafts #2


Sorry for the delay, but this is the Mother's Day Gift that Cayli and I made for her very deserving stepmom, Lori.  It is a "mom's survival kit" that I obtained compliments of Fortune City.com.  I will take you step by step on achieving this very personalized gift.
As stated in my other Mother's Day craft, I have a lot of formula cans that are itching to be reused so of course we thought it was a great idea to use one for this project.  After realizing that I didn't have any wrapping paper (except for Christmas) I had I realized that I had a ginormous stock of gift bags that I keep from every holiday under my bed.  Cayli chose the gift bag and we got to work.
After measuring the formula can, lip to lip, we cut out a piece of the gift bag.
We used hot glue to adhere the paper to the can.


In order to cover up the crease from the gift bag, we chose this green ribbon to go around it.  Notice the measurements do not have to be perfect :)

Because the gift bag had flowers on it, we thought it would be a great idea to cut out one of those flowers and we glued it onto the ribbon.

I had these cute little buttons in my craft box that I glued onto the flower cutout.
We then filled the can will irridescent Easter grass that we had bought at the Dollar Tree.  The grass is just for cushion and to add a little bit of 'oomph'.



We scoured around the house finding everything on the list to put in the can.  We had most of it so don't worry if you don't have something.  We honestly wouldn't have been able to fit anything else in it.
After fitting everything in the can we came up with a brilliant plan.  We took the handle off of the gift bag we used and hot glued it to the sides of the can making a pail.  It would have been fine without it but again, we thought it would add more 'oomph'.
We then typed up and printed off the list explaining the contents. (If you don't, they'll probably think you're nuts.)  I used my fancy smancy scissors to cut it out.
We then took a green (to match the ribbon) piece of construction paper and glued the list on it.
We then holepunched the list and used a piece of ribbon to tie to the handle.  Voila, a cute and cheap gift for every mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment