Monday, May 9, 2011

"Sweet Shoppe" birthday decorations


 For Naty and Ella'a birthday party we decided to go with a "Sweet Shoppe" theme.  Here is one decoration that I thought would fit perfectly with our theme.  Thanks Family Fun!


I ordered these basic paper lanterns from Luna Bazaar for $1.90 each.  Great deal considering the cheapest I found them for in town was $4-5 dollars.  I set up the lantern as instructed and set it in a tupperware bowl to stabalize it.

I took cupcake liners that I had purchased at Hobby Lobby and turned them inside out.  You want to buy cupcake liners that are similar in color to your lantern so the colors will blend.  I mixed modge pod (which I already had) and water to form a paste.

Using a thin layer of glue, I started gluing liners in the middle and around the top and bottom of the lantern to form a base.  After letting those sit for about 20 minutes, I continued filling in the rest of the area with additional liners. 
After applying a matching ribbon and hanging it from the ceiling, you have a cheap, easy, and beautiful addition to your party.

No comments:

Post a Comment